On October 9, 2019, AILA launched the “AILA 2020 Election Guide,” your go-to resource for presidential candidates’ views on immigration. We have a dedicated page on immigration detention, showing that 12 candidates pledge to reduce detention — this is evidence that our advocacy is making a difference! But 6 still have no position despite the devastating impact it is having on immigrants and their families. The Guide has all the tools you need to engage, including a social media toolkit and sample questions for use online or at town halls and campaign events.
The Guide includes:
What you can do:
- Contact your member of Congress and demand that they conduct hearings on the immigration courts and introduce court reform legislation.
- Promote the Guide by sharing this message using the sample tweets below. AILA has also created a social media toolkit which includes posts to use leading up to and during the Democratic presidential debate on October 15, including questions to ask the candidates via Twitter to learn their stances on immigration issues. We encourage you to use this Guide and share it!
- Sample tweets:
- Click to tweet: Where do the 2020 presidential candidates stand on key #immigration issues? Check out the #AILA2020Guide to find out! http://ow.ly/oC3c30pGWfa
- Click to tweet: @AILANational’s guide to the 2020 elections provides invaluable information on how the candidates plan to reform and modernize America’s immigration system. #AILA2020Guide http://ow.ly/oC3c30pGWfa
- Click to tweet: @AILANational has drawn upon the 2020 candidates’ campaign materials, public statements, and responses to a survey AILA sent to candidates to form the #AILA2020Guide. Check it out here: http://ow.ly/oC3c30pGWfa