Under the new administration, ICE raids are becoming more common. The information and links on this page are intended as a resource to aid attorneys in counseling & representing clients and families who may be or have been affected by a raid. Please check back often for new and updated material.
Resources for Attorneys
- ImmigrationJustice.us: A portal to harness the energy of the legal profession and coordinate the efforts of lawyers helping immigrants in response to President Trump’s Executive Orders altering our immigration system. A joint project of AILA, AIC, and ABA. Includes relevant AIC practice advisories, links to Executive Orders, ways to volunteer, and more.
- Report Raids and Enforcement Actions to AILA National – click here.
- Heard about new policy from a government official? Trying to track down or verify a rumor? AILA gives instructions on verifying rumors and reporting them through this link.
- ICE Raid Toolkit (Immigrant Defense Project; Center for Constitutional Rights)
- ICE Raid Toolkit Appendix (Documents obtained through FOIA litigation)
- Practice Pointer: How to Locate Clients Who Have Been Apprehended by ICE – click here.
- ICIRR Know Your Rights Powerpoint Presentation – click here.
- AIC Primer on Expedited Removal – click here.
Resources for Clients
- ICIRR Know Your Rights Card – for clients to print and carry on their person.
- Immigrant Defense Project KYR Card (English) – click here.
- Immigrant Defense Project KYR Card (Spanish) – click here.
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center Family Preparedness Plan (available in English and Spanish) – click here.
- ACLU Know Your Rights when encountering law enforcement at airports and other ports of entry – click here.
- CLINIC Know Your Rights when interacting with law enforcement – click here.
- Use Your Cellphone to Document and Expose Immigration Raids in Your Community (America’s Voice) – click here